Sunday, July 22, 2012

I'm a Kingdom Hearts fanatic and I don't care!

Hello readers! I am back with another late update!
I apologize for my lateness....it seems my New Year's resolution hasn't been going too well....
So I guess I should get you all caught up on my life since May.

So, in June...Hmm....I can't quite remember much...This is why I need to update more often...
All I remember of June was all the graduation parties I went to. Many of my friends are/were seniors so they all graduated this year. Exciting and sad at the same time.

What else happened in June? Oh yeah! The latest instalment of the Kingdom Hearts series (Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance...or KH3D for short) became available for pre-order for (I think) everyone else in the world except Japan! Why not Japan, you ask? Well, they already had it...So that's why....

Oh. I did pre-order it. If you didn't know, I'm a die hard KH (Kingdom Hearts) fan. I always will be.

(A Kingdom Hearts picture I found. It's just too cool!)

So the game was released in Europe on the 20th of July (two days ago) and it's being released in North America on July 31st! That means mine will get here between August 7th-11th!!! I'm hoping it will be a little earlier than that...but it probably won't...I didn't have enough money for overnight shipping...

So this Kingdom Hearts is special because it's the tenth anniversary of Kingdom Hearts! And in North America they're also releasing a special 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition of the game called The Mark of Mastery Edition! That's the one I ordered.

(KH3D Logo!)

It was expensive but also kind of a bargain when you think about it. The standard edition of the game which is just the game in its case costs about $39.99 and the special edition which comes with the game, 5 AR cards, 12 art cards reflecting the history of the KH series and a special Kingdom Hearts-branded 3DS protector case cost me $49.97...I think that's a pretty awesome deal! I mean if you're going to spend forty bucks on the game alone you might as well spend a little extra for some added coolness, right?

So I'm super excited about this game! There's only one problem...it has to be played on a 3DS...and I don't have a 3DS...
(KH3D Cover!)
Now before you start calling me an idiot I have a couple good reasons why I bought the game anyway!

Number one: IT'S THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME SERIES!!! WHY WOULDN'T I WANT TO PLAY IT?!

...Ahem...

Number two: We did have a DS but it broke. It was old and sort of broken when we got it so it lasted way longer than I though it would. So we were planning on getting a new DS system anyway but we never got around to saving up for it. So once KH3D was announced I realized I had a good excuse to get my siblings to help me save up for one!
So once I have the game I still won't be able to play it for a while...But on the bright side maybe the price of 3DS systems will drop again before I buy one! They've already dropped a lot since they came out.


Now back to getting caught up.

I really can't remember anything else that happened in June...And I guess I already moved into July with my KH rant...So I'll move on to July.

On the 30th of June we left for our vacation. We went up north near Traverse City (Michigan) and stayed with our grandparents until the 5th of July (had and awesome time watching fireworks on the 4th, by the way) and after that we went and stayed at Boyne Highlands Resort because my dad had a Knights of Columbus meeting retreat thingy going on there. We got home on the 8th of July. I twas a lot of fun but I was worn out from all the traveling.

And then on the weekend of July 13th-15th my younger sister (Anna) and I went on a youth retreat with our youth group to Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio (the retreats happen in different places around the country every summer but four weekends out of the summer are always at the main campus). It was a blast! There were people from all over the country and even a few groups from Canada!

And now the rest of the month is going by pretty quick. My younger brother (Samuel) and younger sister (Anna) went back up north to stay with out grandparents for another week (we call it Grandma Grandpa Camp) and I stayed home to help my mom get ready for my my older sister's (Jessica's) baby shower! So exciting!

And I think that gets us caught up!

Just a few random bits of information: My younger brother (Samuel) and I watched The Woman In Black at night sometime in June....it scared the heck out of us for weeks! I was fine until a couple days ago and now I'm scared again! I don't know why!

Oh yeah! And yesterday (the 26th) I was a zombie for my brother-in-law's (John's) movie! It was fun but some of the pictures that my sister took look pretty freaky...

I started reading The Lord Of The Rings at last! I've been busy so I haven't gotten very far (the Hobbits haven't left the old forest outside the Shire yet) but I love it!

Oh yes! I forgot to talk about my writing!
It's going pretty well. My creative writing mentor hasn't gotten back to me about my characters description that I gave him to send out yet...So I'm trying to be patient.
And while we were on vacation I was looking through some of my notebooks. I used to write by hand all the time but now that I'm writing it all out like a screenplay I have to use scriptwriting software. Anyway, one of my notebooks had a really good beginning that I'd completely forgotten about. As I was reading it I remembered that I had wanted to use that beginning when I had started over last year (of course altering things here and there) but I'd forgotten about it! I realized the notebooks beginning was way better than what I had written off the top of my head last year so right now, before I can move forward again, I'm going back to rewrite the beginning!
Don't worry! This will be a much easier task than rewriting everything entirely! I just have some things to change around and add in but it won't be too hard! And the story will flow much better!

So, I think that's all I have for today. I really will try harder to update sooner!
How about I set a goal for myself? How about...August 1st? I'll update by August 1st! And maybe I'll have my Kingdom Hearts game by then! I'm allowed to have wishful thinking!
Until next time!
Good day to you and God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment