Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wow. I haven't updated my blog since last year...Oops...
...Well I'm not very good at updating this as often as I should...but things have been busy. So how about a quick recap of what's happened since November, what I've learned, and what I resolve to do this year.

First of all, I did not win NaNoWriMo this year. It was a little disheartening at first but as soon as I got over it (the next day) I was writing again. NaNo motivates me, but that doesn't mean I can't write the rest of the year. So that's what I did and my novel is now 14,680 words and counting! But...I have also decided that my novel would probably be much more enjoyable as a graphic novel...So that means that I'll be writing my story out like a script! Soo...Script frenzy, anyone? Haha! I resolve to attempt to have at least a complete rough draft of this script by the end of the year.

Thanksgiving also came during November and for the first time since I was probably four years old we went away for Thanksgiving. We usually stay home and invite people to our house but this year we made the 2+ hour trek to Illinois to spend two days with some of my mom's side of the family: my aunt and uncle, two kid cousins and one adult cousin, great uncle, grandma, a cat, and a dog. We had a good time with lots of delicious food, fun games, and a cheesy British zombie movie (I watched it with my aunt and adult cousin). What I learned during Thanksgiving is that you should never put a sweet potato-marshmallow casserole in your oven's broiler...unless you're some spazzed out pyromaniac, in which case go ahead and do it. But don't blame me if your house burns down...just throwing that out there.

So then came Christmas! (The first green Christmas I've ever had, by the way! Where did my lovely winter go this year?!) We had lots of awesome family time and cool gifts. My younger brother, sister and I received an Xbox from our Grandma (thanks Grandma!) and some cool games from our oldest sister and brother-in-law. I got a Kindle from my great uncle (and a super awesome case for it from my second oldest sister) which has helped me a lot with reading the books I've been assigned for school and I can also play some rather addicting puzzle games on it when I get bored! Shhh...
(And that reminds me...I've been reading Oliver Twist and it is probably one of the saddest stories I've read in  a while! Just saying...)

And along with Christmas came the news from my oldest sister and brother-in-law that later this year (around September 1st) I will be an aunt! Yay! That's exciting to look forward to!


And what else? I got a part in a musical (Twinderella, if you've ever heard of it. I'm the countess/duchess), beat Fable III and Call of Duty: Black Ops (not really an accomplishment...but still...), have researched large amounts of steampunk related things for my graphic-novel, I turned 17 (woohoo!), I've done lots of school related things (biology, math, British literature, etc.), finally watched 'Walk The Line', started watching season 6 of Doctor Who, and have been counting the days until the premiere of The Hunger Games! I'm soo stoked for the movie and, yes, I will be dressing up (I have my Katniss costume from Halloween, complete with silver bow and arrows!).


So that brings us to today, March 8th. Oh yeah! For those of you who are interested, yesterday was the feast day of Sts. Perpetua and Felicity! Perpetua is my Confirmation saint so we had pie for dessert! Yummy!

Anyway, today is March 8th... And...I think that about wraps up my recap!

And like I said in the beginning about resolutions, I resolve to try harder this year to update my blog more often! This 4 month gap won't happen again!


Have an awesome year everyone!
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment