Sunday, October 2, 2011

When I was in Portugal...

So. It's been almost a week since my last post...I'll try harder to update with something at least a couple times a week...
This post is meant to be a review of a restaurant. My creative writing teacher has given me this assignment and I must oblige him.
However, there is a slight problem. The assignment is, and I quote, "to review a restaurant you go to this week or have been to recently. Describe everything from the food you like and didn't like, to the tables and seat cushions."
This wouldn't be a problem if I had actually been to a restaurant recently. I'm assuming he isn't talking about the McDonald's where I sat with my mom using WiFi so I could read the beginners version of Beowulf (...that's another story).
If you want to define "recently" as "having happened within the past year", then yes. I have been to a restaurant recently.
In August.
In Portugal (also another story).
This is also a place where I'm hitting a snag. The restaurant we went to in Portugal was in a building that attached to a couple other restaurants and because we were all so hungry and tired I hadn't bothered to see what the name was. I hadn't known it would be useful information. I just wanted whatever Portuguese food they had (I was determined to eat authentic food while in a different country). So this assignment shall also be a test for my memory.
Commence the review of the nameless restaurant!

There were four of us from our group there for lunch. It wasn't very big (probably about medium-smallish), but it was nice and it wasn't crowded.
My sister and my mom ordered salads and I can't remember what our friend ordered...it may have also been a salad. The name of the meal I ordered was in Portuguese and I can't remember it but it was a plate of rice, different beans, and pork. It was delicious! There was enough of it for me to fill up on and then let everyone else try some.
Then we order dessert. Two tiramisu-like desserts and one chocolate mousse. I think it was the best chocolate mousse I've ever eaten!
I think I would probably rate that place 4 stars.

That's the best review I can come up with (pitiful, I know).
Now I'll probably head off to bed. It's pretty late.
Until next time!

Oh! And a note on restaurants in Portugal. If you eat the appetizers they have sitting out on the table you have to pay for them. I don't know if that's all of Europe or even other places too, I just thought I'd point that out.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment